It is built on a peninsula of the Ter River, between this and Gurri. Formerly it was a flour mill and it was not until 1827 that it became one of the first factories in the region.
The Malars colony had 25 homes. It also had a church, an economy, an inn and a school. Nowadays there are only a few houses, the one of the director, the turbine and the church. The buildings were joined longitudinally.